Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Way to Go Calvary



I won't hesitate to say it, I'm proud of our congregation. We really push it for a church our size. Sometimes I think we are trying to do TOO much. But the 600 parishioners on the corner of Evans and Roosevelt are making a difference - in our community - and around the world! I was reminded of this once again last Sunday as I stood in the pulpit of a small African-American congregation in Pascagoula, Mississippi our membership helped to rebuild. And almost all the work was done while I was on sabbatical in Africa! Now that's what I'm talking about. I celebrate you Calvary Church. Way to go Dave Carullo (Project Coordinator). Way to go John Tilford (Project Manager). Way to go Calvary Church (you gave an entire Sunday offering to this project). I can't wait to see how God is going to use you next.

By the way, John Tilford and Nic Carullo looked great on the local ABC news. Click here to check it out yourself. Linda Carullo was also recognized for her helpful organizational skills - and Dr. Mike Orr spend the weekend with us filming and is preparing footage to show to our congregation. Thanks for taking time away from Moody for your church Mike!

No comments: